Monday, July 14, 2008

Dual Agency; is it a double loss for the consumer?

Have you ever wondered why dual agency is legal? I mean, I've never understood. I came into this industry befuddled by the fact that the same agent could represent both sides of the transaction. It sounded like an attorney that was representing both the defendant and the plaintiff. I couldn't understand how it could be legal. As a consumer, or should I say consumers, that is involved in a dual agent situation, you are not receiving the same level of advice or representation as a consumer that is not in a dual agency transaction. So at that point, my question is, what are you paying for? I'll let you ponder the answer to that question....

http://realestatecafe.blogs.com/real_estate_cafe/2008/01/misleading-home.html

No comments: